How to deal with Off-Track and On-Track Words in WAT ( Word Association Test) in SSB


Hello....my dear service aspirants. I have got an important information to share with u all. In service selection board interview every individual testing got its own importance. But to be frank Psychology is an important in all testings.

 Psychology: In psychology testing we all have to undergo TAT, WAT, SRT,SAT, these 4 tests decides further testing procedure of an individual. Today i would like to share the idea behind the WAT: WORD ASSOCIATION TEST


 This test is very simple in comparison with any other testing in psychology. Candidly its not word that is shown to you. Its the situation to which u are exposed to and psychologist would like to know your responses to that word(situation) . I would example u all people in detail with an example. Let’s consider word SEX Responses: The response that i likely to be given is
1. Sex is the origin of life
2. Every mammal have sex organs



The response should be given in this way. But the response should be positive, Now i would like to go in detail and explain the type of words that are given in SSB for WAT. Words can be classified into two types they are OFF TRACK and ON TRACK words. These two words will be describe what sort of personality you have.

Importance of ON TRACK words.


These words are basically are used to project your personality. For example lets consider a word like PLAN Responses that are likely to be given should be your reaction or your idea for a plan. In your life you all people lead a life with a plan. So they expect your response for plan in your views, The response that is expected is
1. An effective plan leads to success
2. A smart planning gives easy execution

OFF TRACK words 


These words are given just confuse. And psychologist is want to know you, your reaction even after exposure to a confusion state. For example let’s consider a word like BRIDGE The response should be natural for OFF TRACK words. The response should is given for these words are
1.     1.Bridges are build across river.


NOTE: ASPIRANTS PLEASE DON'T MANIPULATE YOUR RESPONSES TOO MUCH.THEY ARE THERE TO SELECT U.SO PLEASE BE NATURAL WITH POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND CLARITY IN THOUGHT

Totally 60 words will be given to u and u need to finish them off in 30 min and practice is required for this test. Keep practicing them with natural and positive responses.
NOTE: IT’S A TEST OF YOUR PSYCHOLOGY. SO PLEASE STOP GIVING GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AS YOUR RESPONSES. PUT FORWARD YOUR VIEWS WITH A HOPE AND COURAGE AVOID THE MAXIMUM USAGE OF "SHOULD" "MUST" OR WORDS WHICH ARE LIKELY USED TO GIVE ADVICE TO OTHERS.
Also Read:


 
Chandu Sekhar


 Contributor to this Post:

I am G.chandra sekhar naidu. I have completed my graduation (2010-2014) in electrical trait. I am an SSB aspirant. I have been trying to join academy since 2010 and CO many times. I have cleared my SSB at 33 SSB bhopal for TES NAVY aftr my +2. Unfortunately i was merit out. Next i gave my ssb for UES, SSC-TECH 43 at banglore and bhopal the outcome is screen out and conference out respectively. One thing I Know If you have the determination and faith in yourself you can make it. And I have It in Me.

Follow him on Facebook HERE



Deepak Tomar

I'm Deepak Tomar. I have completed my M.Tech in Computer Science and now i am working as a Govt. Employee in UP Police, I Love to help others and making friends, you can connect to me on facebook for any help- I will be happy to help you .

No Comment to " Making your Word Association Test Unique: Golden Tips By Chandu "