MOCK INTERVIEW TEST


IF YOU LIKE OUR WORK THEN DONT FORGET TO LIKE OUR FB PAGE--  

Hello Guys i was thinking of putting a interview of same type that is asked in SSB. Filnally after a lots of typing i have completed it, it will provide you basic idea of how interviewer ask the question and how should we answer the questions. It is a type of mock interview and similar types of questions will be asked by you which matches your personality.

                                MOCK INTERVIEW

                            Reading Session Self Awareness Set-1

I.O.: Welcome Gurjeet, have a seat. Ok Gurjeet, I saw pens in your pocket which     pen are you carrying?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, I am using Parker?
I.O.: Sir, it is from Paris.
Ch. No. 8: Where is Paris?
I.O.: Basically, Paris is in which country?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, it is in France.
I.O.: What is France famous for?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, no idea.
I.O.: Think, it is something girls use very often?
Ch. No. 8: Sir perfumes!
I.O.: Yes, of course. Ok what is Paris famous for?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, I have no idea.
I.O.: It is famous for fashion.
Ch. No. 8: Ok sir. Sorry I didn’t know it.
I.O.: Ok Gurjeet, be comfortable. Sit comfortably and relax. Now, we will share some conversations between us and I want to assure you that whatever we talk will remain inside this room and between you and me. No one will come to know about it. Your family will not be told anything.


Ch. No. 8: Ok sir.
I.O.: Ok Gurjeet, now I will put you through rapid fire questions, hear them attentively and make sure you answer all questions.
Ch. No. 8: Ok sir.
I.O.: tell me about your academic qualifications, the exams you have taken, your achievements in academics, games and sports you play, your hobbies, and your extracurricular activities, the teacher/teachers you dislike and why, the friend/friends you dislike and why, the friend with whom you are closest.
Ch. No. 8: I told him all things and answered all questions.
I.O.: Ok Gurjeet, have you answered all questions?
Ch. No. 8: Yes sir
I.O.: Are you sure?
Ch. No. 8: Yes sir.
I.O.: Ok, you said that you have appeared in Engineering Entrance Exams. Why did you not go for engineering then?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, actually I wanted to change my subject like from engineering to MBA because I was not confident with physics and chemistry.
I.O.: So, why did you take Entrance Exams for it?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, actually my parents wanted me to appear once for the Entrance Exam.
I.O.: But you didn’t want to?
Ch. No. 8: No sir, its not that I didn’t want to. What happened was that my parents told me to appear once for exam. If I got a good score then I could go for engineering else I could change my subjects.
I.O.: Ok, how much did you score?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, 40000 rank (all India) in AIEEE and 10,000 in Guru Gobind Singh Indraprashtha University examination.
I.O.: So, you are private MBA now from which university?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, from Symbiosis University, Pune.
I.O.: Why are you doing private MBA and why not regular.
Ch. No. 8: Sir, because I wanted to give more focus to CDS. If I would have gone for regular MBA, moreover, army is the first priority and MBA comes later.
I.O.: What is the difference between regular and private?
Ch. No. 8: Regular MBA is one where you physically go and attend the classes whereas in private MBA one doesn’t have to attend the classes regularly. You are required to go and take the exams finally.
I.O.: Is there any difference in knowledge area?
Ch. No. 8: Yes sir, in regular MBA, a person gets theoretical as well as practical knowledge through projects and case studies. But in private MBA, a person is able to gain only the theoretical knowledge.
I.O.: Does this concept have any affect on the working area?
Ch. No. 8: No sir, the working areas don’t get affected by the concept because the private course of three years is equivalent to the regular course of two years.
I.O.: But a person with private MBA, of course, gets an added advantage in a job.
Ch. No. 8: No sir, actually where in the difference lies is the mindset of the people. Regular MBA just gibes an advantage of an added practical knowledge, but private MBA is considered equivalent but lacks application.
I.O.: Are the hobs different from both categories?
Ch. No. 8: No sir, the jobs don’t vary.
I.O.: Ok, tell me what all books have you read?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, I have read One Night at the call Centre by Chetan Bhagat, The Three Mistake of My Life again by Chetan Bhagat, Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat and Who will cry When You Die?” by Robin S. Sharma and now, I have just started with The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari by Robin S. Sharma.
I.O.: What was the name of the girl character in Five Point Someone?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, the name of the character was Neha.
I.O.: Tell me one good quality and one bad quality about the character Neha.
Ch. No. 8: The good quality about the character was the friendly nature of Neha. The first time she met with an accident with male character, she was quite friendly with him?
I.O.: She must have thought that she has found her prey! (Laughing)
Ch. No. 8: No sir, not prey. Actually varies from person to person, how tp react in certain situations.
I.O.: And what was the bad quality?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, the bad quality about Neha was her irresponsibility. She called her boyfriend to her place when her parents were not at home.
I.O.: But she was in love and in love, nothing is right or wrong!
Ch. No. 8: But sir that doesn’t mean that she will cheat her parents and cross the limit of being genuine. Cheating your parents is absolutely wrong.
I.O.: Gurjeet do you have a boyfriend?
Ch. No. 8: No sir.
I.O.: Why?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, I have many friends but no boyfriend as such.
I.O.: Why don’t you have a boyfriend? A boy doesn’t have a girlfriend so they have a reason for that because they don’t want to spend their money on gifts, parties, dimmers, etc. sometimes the girlfriend brings her friend with her. So the boy has to pay for her also. But why don’t you have a boyfriend?
Ch. No.8: Sir, I don’t have a boyfriend because I am a goal-oriented person. I don’t want to waste my time in all these matters. These things distract a person’s attention. I just want to concentrate on my career right now.
I.O.: So you have many boys as your friends. Name them.
Ch. No. 8: Sir, they are Sachin, Gaurav, Subodh and many others.
I.O.: Has any one of them ever proposed you?
Ch. No. 8: No, Sir.
I.O.: Suppose, in future, if they do so?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, I will surely refuse.
I.O.: Gurjeet, did you hear about a case in Meerut two year back in company garden?
Ch. No. 8: Yes sir.
I.O.: What do you think about that? Is moral policing right or wrong?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, whatever happened there was wrong on part of the people and the police also. As far as moral policing is concerned, it should not be there.
I.O.: But in today’s scenario, both the parents are working, so who will control all these social problems?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, if the parents are working and unable to instill these ethics in the children then of course, it is the sole responsibility of the individual to see and know what is good and what is bad. A person should know the limits and the boundaries so as not to get into such things.
I.O.: But, if then also, they cross the limits and get into such acts, then?
Ch. No. 8: At that, time, moral policing should be there but in a controlled manner because the way they handle such acts is not good. The people have to go through a lot of torture.
I.O.: What else, you did not tell me the most important quality, your instructor must have told you.
Ch. No. 8: Yes sir, but I feel courage is the most important quality.
I.O.: No, you are missing the most important one. Ok I will ask you in the conference. Tell me any two important current news.
Ch. No. 8: Firstly, India and Russia are set to sign the nuclear deal and secondly, FBI is about to arrive in India to investigate the David Coleman Headley case.
I.O.: What is happening in Pakistan?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, the Taliban group wants to occupy the region of South Waziristan and several other parts. So they are planning many suicide attacks and spreading terrorism.
I.O.: What is global warming?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, global warming is the rise in the temperature of the earth due to the rise in the concentration of the greenhouse gases.
I.O.: What are greenhouse gases?
Ch. No. 8: Greenhouse gases are CO2, NO2, Chlorofluoro carbons. These are responsible for the greenhouse effect.
I.O.: What is greenhouse effect?
Ch. No. 8: It is the effect which is caused when the increased concentration of the greenhouse gases traps the harmful infra red radiations emitted by earth after reflection.
I.O.: Why does the radiation get trapped inside the atmosphere?
Ch. No. 8: The greenhouse gases trap them and don’t allow them to leave the atmosphere.
I.O.: Then how do the radiations enter the atmosphere?
Ch. No. 8: (confused) sorry sir.
I.O.: Ok, tell me about how you spend time with your family, whom do you tell your problems, what is your pocket money and how do you dispose it of?
Ch. No. 8: Most of the time I spend with my mother in the kitchen o other household work. When my father is at home, we generally discuss about the current topics. My brother is here with us only on Saturday and Sunday. So, Saturday and Sunday are totally reserved for him. We talk ad share all the activities we had done throughout the week. In terms of problems, I share them with my brother.
I.O.:  (Interrupting) why?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, because we are of the same generation. We understand each other well and of course we share a very friendly relationship. So that’s why I find it comfortable to discuss them with my brother. Moreover, he gives me a better suggestion and advice according to the situation because telling the problems to your parent’s means upsetting them. My parents are very conscious about me. So, if I face any problem, they get worried and upset. So, I discuss them with my brother.
I.O.: How elder is your brother to you?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, five years.
I.O.: That means he is 26 years now. Is he married?
Ch. No. 8: No sir.
I.O.: Why?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, he wants to establish himself well and wants to be in a perfect position to support his family and personal life.
I.O.: So when does he want to marry?
Ch. No. 8: May be by next year.
I.O.: Do you want to marry?
Ch. No. 8: No sir.
I.O.: Why?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, because I want to achieve my aim and have my own identity. After marriage, a girl faces many restrictions from the in-laws.
I.O.: But if the in-laws say that there are no restrictions, then?
Ch. No. 8: But sir, a married woman has many responsibilities towards her family. Also, they should know that our culture does not allow harsh behavior with women.
I.O.: Ok, also homosexuality has been legalized by the Delhi Court. So is this right or wrong?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, in my opinion, this is absolutely wrong. Homosexuality is something against the nature. We are insulting nature by merely getting into such acts. Homosexuality is something which is just the westernized form. This kind of thing was not observed in our culture before.
I.O.: But westernization has not affected the people. This is something which is in the hormones of the person.
Ch. No. 8: That is right sir. But homosexuality is going against the nature. The nature has made man and woman for this relation. But homosexuality surely creates an imbalance in the nature.
I.O.: Ok, you have participated in many competitions. What according to you is the strongest part of your G.K Quiz?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, I had a good general knowledge that helped me to participate and win.
I.O.: Suppose, the president had given you the responsibility to organize a GK Quiz competition between 101 SSB and 102 SSB. So, how will you organize it?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, firstly I will prepare a blue print of the whole event, i.e. the date, time and place, the no. of teams, the no. of participants, the chief guests, the judges, the audience, etc. after that, I will put a notice on the notice board informing the candidates about the competition and invite them for the same. I will also make a plan of the various rounds and the questions to be asked.
I.O.: Ok Gurjeet, on the day of the competition, suppose you reach the hall and find no one there, and then what will you do?
Ch. No. 8:  Sir, then I will make sure that they are there on time.
I.O.: How?
Ch. No. 8: I will assign the duty 2-3 of my subordinates for the same.
I.O.: Then, they will surely say that who are you to force us to participate in the competition. Then how will you convince them?
Ch. No. 8: (After thinking a lot) sorry sir, I am not getting the right idea at this moment.
I.O.: OK, don’t worry. You watch discovery channel?
Ch. No. 8: Basically, I only watch animal planet.
I.O.: Then tell me what the difference between a tiger and a lion?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, both belong to the cat family.
I.O.: Yes, but what makes a lion as the king of the jungle? He is known as the king of the jungle, why?
Ch. No. 8: Sorry sir, I don’t know I will definitely checkup and find the right answer.
I.O.: Actually, I saw it on this show only.
Ch. No. 8: Sorry sir may be I must have missed it.
I.O.: Ok Gurjeet, have you taken coaching for preparing for SSB?
Ch. No. 8: Yes sir.
I.O.: From where?
Ch. No. 8:  From Universal Counselling Centre.
I.O.: Where is it?
Ch. No. 8: In Meerut.
I.O.: Who runs it?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, Lt Col Rajeev Devgan.
I.O.: As you have taken coaching, you must know the qualities that are required in a lady to join the Armed Forces?
Ch. No. 8: Sir, first of all courage is required because Army requires a lot of courage and women generally lack that, then they should be lively, should have a detremination, they should have the quality of making a quick decision. And work for herself and her goals. So, there is, of course some limitation.
I.O.: Ok, tell me the neighbouring countries of India.
Ch. No. 8: Sir, they are Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar, China, and Nepal.
I.O.: Is anything left?
Ch. No. 8: No sir.
I.O.: Is Afghanistan neighbour of India?
Ch. No. 8: Yes sir, it is, but it is not considered.
I.O.: Yes, right. If we look at it map-wise, it is a neighbour of India but otherwise it is not. It is generally the area of POK known as Pakistan-occupied Kashmir area.
Ch. No. 8: Yes sir.
I.O.: Ok Gurjeet, thank you so much, good day and all the best tomorrow’s task.
Ch. No. 8: Thank you sir.
Comments

Gurjeet is generally well prepared and has a good capacity to sustain protracted stress and strain during the course of the personal interview. The questions have been correctly answered but shows lack of general awareness and could have performed well with more reasoning and logic. Gurjeet should have shown more confidence in parents rather than brother’s and sister’s. There should have been more compatibility within the family which is lacking. The data regarding the neighbouring countries should have been well answered. This is a border liner case and with more effort the candidate could have performed better.

Also Read
tags:ssb interview example, personal interview in ssb, personal interview questions in ssb, pi in ssb, pi questions in ssb, Questions asked in PI of ssb interview, mock ssb interview, ssb interviews practice set, sample ssb interview.

Deepak Tomar

I'm Deepak Tomar. I have completed my M.Tech in Computer Science and now i am working as a Govt. Employee in UP Police, I Love to help others and making friends, you can connect to me on facebook for any help- I will be happy to help you .

2 comments to ''MOCK INTERVIEW TEST IN SSB :AN EXAMPLE OF INTERVIEW TEST IN SSB"

ADD COMMENT
  1. You need to be prepared for the full spectrum of questions that may be presented. For further practice, make sure you go through the required mock interview (see the "Competitive Interview Prep" Section) and for further review, look at some of the following questions:

    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What do you want to do with your life?
    3. Do you have any actual work experience?
    4. How would you describe your ideal job?
    5. Why did you choose this career?
    6. When did you decide on this career?
    7. What goals do you have in your career?
    8. How do you plan to achieve these goals?
    9. How do you evaluate success?
    10. Describe a situation in which you were successful.

    List of MBA Interview Questions and Answers is waiting here : ~
    http://www.managementparadise.com/forums/personal-interviews-pi/35305-mba-interview-questions-n-answers.html

    ReplyDelete